Scouts (Age 10½ to 14)
Scouts is for young people aged between 10½ and 14 years who want to make friends and develop their widening interests in way that are both educational and fun.
Our activities are about action and involvement and mean more than just camping. Hiking, rock climbing, gliding, sailing, pioneering, canoeing, parascending, abseiling, putting on shows and exhibitions, motor mechanics, electronics, photography – the list is endless!
|Where do my Badge Go ?
Click the uniform for a quick guide to show the position of the most common Scout Badges.
|What Badges can I get ?
Click this link to see a list of Activity badges and what to do to get them.
The Scout Promise
On my honour,
I promise that I will do my best
to do my duty to God
and to the Queen,
to help other people
and to keep the Scout Law.
The Scout Law
1. A Scout is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout is friendly and considerate.
4. A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
5. A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
6. A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
7. A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Motto
Scouts wear a common uniform consisting of a Scout teal green shirt or blouse and a group scarf with a woggle. If not awarded at Cubs, the scarf and woggle, are presented to the Scout during their investiture along with a set of badges.